Four Die after Drinking Fake Alcohol in Southern Bulgaria
Four young men have died and other two are in critical conditions after drinking counterfeit alcohol during celebrations, media outlets report.
Police and doctors confirm alcohol poisoning was the most likely cause of the incident which took place in a neighborhood of Yakoruda, a town in the Rhodope Mountains.
The men consumed around 4 liters of "bathtub" rakia after being invited over dinner by a neighbor. The so-called "pig wedding" consists of butchering a pig and pouring alcohol on it.
- » 100 Tonnes of Sunflower Seed Destroyed by Fire in Silo in Varna
- » Hawaiian Airplane Fills with Smoke Shortly before Landing, Seven Passenger Are Injured
- » Dead and Missing People after Landslides in Southwest China
- » BBC: Baby Dolphin Death Causes Dismay in Bulgaria
- » The Landfill Fire in Karlovo has been Contained
- » Wildfire in Forest near Sofia Area Broke out Again, Urgent Call for Volunteers