Four Die after Drinking Fake Alcohol in Southern Bulgaria
Four young men have died and other two are in critical conditions after drinking counterfeit alcohol during celebrations, media outlets report.
Police and doctors confirm alcohol poisoning was the most likely cause of the incident which took place in a neighborhood of Yakoruda, a town in the Rhodope Mountains.
The men consumed around 4 liters of "bathtub" rakia after being invited over dinner by a neighbor. The so-called "pig wedding" consists of butchering a pig and pouring alcohol on it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas