Rise in Number of Tourists to Bulgaria Expected This Winter
Bulgarian Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova has said the number of foreign visitors to Bulgaria for the winter tourist season is expected to be 5 to 7% up compared to the previous year.
In an interview with the Bulgarian News Agency (BTA), Angelkova has based her estimates on data from airports, bookings in winter resorts and other statistical data.
This comes against the background of a drop in foreign visitors to Bulgaria measured at 3.3 percent for January-October 2015, compared to the same period of last year.
The share of visitors who arrive for tourism, however, has increased over that period, Angelkova is quoted as saying.
In her words, a 35-percent increase in the number of charter flights from the UK, the Nordic countries, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg should be expected next summer, alongside more tourists from Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy to Reset Tourism by Mid-May to Rescue Sector Devastated by Pandemic
- » Greece Acknowledges Sputnik V Vaccine, Welcomes Russian Tourists
- » WHO Cautions against Vaccine Passports for International Travel
- » Hospitality Industry: Entry Visas for Russian Tourists Will Save Tourism Season in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians Are Divided on Vaccination Passports – Gallup International
- » Bulgaria: Tourism Season in Peril, Hotels Bookings Being Cancelled En Masse