Explosion at Istanbul Airport Leaves One Dead, One Wounded
An explosion at the Sabiha Gokcen airport in the Turkish city of Istanbul early on Wednesday left one woman of the cleaning staff dead and another injured.
The two women were inside an aircraft at the time of the explosion and were transported to hospital, where one of them passed away due to the fatal injuries she had sustained.
The other woman is still receiving treatment at the Marmara Education and Research Hospital, Hurriyet Daily informs.
The cause of the explosion, which occurred near an airplane in the apron, is still to be determined.
There were no passengers inside the jet bridge or the aircraft at the time of the incident and the airport is operating as usual.
An investigation into the cause of the explosion was launched, Anadolu Agency informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Local Elections are being Held in North Macedonia
- » 44 Percent of Adults in North Macedonia have been Vaccinated
- » Protests and Political Instability in Slovenia Before EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Entering North Macedonia will Require Vaccination Certificate Starting September 1
- » Greece: Bulgarian Tourists Evacuated as Wild Fires Continue amid Extreme Heatwave
- » Turkey: Images from Space Show Dramatic Scenes of Fires in Turkey