No Roads in Bulgaria to be Closed for Repair During Holiday Period
The head of the Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency (API), Lazar Lazarov, assured on Tuesday that no roads in the country will be closed during the forthcoming holiday period.
Lazarov added that all repair works, which have been carried out on the Trakia and Hemus motorways during the summer and autumn, have been completed and the renovated sections have been opened.
In an interview for private bTV station, he explained that the movement of trucks will be suspended in the peak hours of the days when the most intensive traffic is expected.
Such suspensions will be in force on the following days: December 23 (between 16:00 and 20:00 EET), December 27 (14:00-20:00), December 30 (16:00 and 20:00) and January 3 (14:00-20:00).
Lazarov informed that a total of BGN 60 M have been allocated to snow clearing and the maintenance firms have readiness to start operating.
Funds saved from winter maintenance will be allocated to repairs of the road network planned to be carried out during the spring.
Lazarov stated that the Sofia northern speed tangent will be completed by the end of 2015.
As regards the increase in the price of vignette stickers, he noted that BGN 700 M are needed for the maintenance of the road network on an annual basis, while the funds collected from the sale of vignettes is around BGN 200 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth among Ten Poorest Countries in Europe
- » Protests against Green Certificate across Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Over 80% Drop in Restaurant Turnover after Introduction of Green Certificate
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year
- » Are Employers in Bulgaria Required to Pay COVID Tests for their Employees?
- » Jeff Bezos wants to Build a Private Space Station