Bulgarian Police Detain 33 Illegal Migrants from Iraq on Coastal Road
Bulgarian police have detained a group of 33 illegal migrants in a UK-registered cargo vehicle in Burgas region, near the border with Turkey, bTV reported on Monday.
The group comprising 17 men, eight women and eight children, all of them from Iraq, were found inside the cargo hold of the vehicle during police inspection on the road linking the towns of Tsarevo and Primorsko, on the Black Sea coast, on Friday.
The driver, a 24-year old man with a criminal record was detained, bTV said citing police sources in Burgas Region.
Last week, police detained in the same region 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey.
- » BBC Investigation: Bulgarian Runs a Network for Fighting and Trading Dogs
- » More than 10 People were Detained in Operation by of GDBOP and National Security in Blagoevgrad
- » Masked and Armed Man Robbed a Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
- » Arrested Head of Work Capability Assessment Commission Remains in Custody
- » Third Skripal Suspect Linked to Poisoning in Bulgaria in 2015