Bulgarian Police Detain 33 Illegal Migrants from Iraq on Coastal Road
Bulgarian police have detained a group of 33 illegal migrants in a UK-registered cargo vehicle in Burgas region, near the border with Turkey, bTV reported on Monday.
The group comprising 17 men, eight women and eight children, all of them from Iraq, were found inside the cargo hold of the vehicle during police inspection on the road linking the towns of Tsarevo and Primorsko, on the Black Sea coast, on Friday.
The driver, a 24-year old man with a criminal record was detained, bTV said citing police sources in Burgas Region.
Last week, police detained in the same region 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey.
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)