Bulgarian Police Detain 33 Illegal Migrants from Iraq on Coastal Road
Bulgarian police have detained a group of 33 illegal migrants in a UK-registered cargo vehicle in Burgas region, near the border with Turkey, bTV reported on Monday.
The group comprising 17 men, eight women and eight children, all of them from Iraq, were found inside the cargo hold of the vehicle during police inspection on the road linking the towns of Tsarevo and Primorsko, on the Black Sea coast, on Friday.
The driver, a 24-year old man with a criminal record was detained, bTV said citing police sources in Burgas Region.
Last week, police detained in the same region 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them