Bulgarian Police Detain 33 Illegal Migrants from Iraq on Coastal Road
Bulgarian police have detained a group of 33 illegal migrants in a UK-registered cargo vehicle in Burgas region, near the border with Turkey, bTV reported on Monday.
The group comprising 17 men, eight women and eight children, all of them from Iraq, were found inside the cargo hold of the vehicle during police inspection on the road linking the towns of Tsarevo and Primorsko, on the Black Sea coast, on Friday.
The driver, a 24-year old man with a criminal record was detained, bTV said citing police sources in Burgas Region.
Last week, police detained in the same region 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey.
- » NASA is Investigating the First Crime Committed in Space
- » The Escaped Prisoners from the Prison in Stara Zagora are Moldovan Citizens
- » The Recent Fake Bomb Alerts Turned out to Be Part of an International Action
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities