Bulgarian Police Detain 33 Illegal Migrants from Iraq on Coastal Road
Bulgarian police have detained a group of 33 illegal migrants in a UK-registered cargo vehicle in Burgas region, near the border with Turkey, bTV reported on Monday.
The group comprising 17 men, eight women and eight children, all of them from Iraq, were found inside the cargo hold of the vehicle during police inspection on the road linking the towns of Tsarevo and Primorsko, on the Black Sea coast, on Friday.
The driver, a 24-year old man with a criminal record was detained, bTV said citing police sources in Burgas Region.
Last week, police detained in the same region 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey.
- » Journalist Viktoria Marinova's Murder Suspect Partially Admits Guilt
- » AFP: Germany to Extradite Suspect in Bulgarian Journalist Killing 'Soon'
- » Africa's Youngest Billionaire Kidnapped in Tanzania
- » Seven People were Detained in Attempt to Sell Unique Gold Artifacts Found in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 40 Months in Prison in the Czech Republic after Threats to Pakistan About Terrorist Attacks
- » PM Borisov Meets with Ambassadors on Murder in Ruse