Bulgaria Police Detain 34 Illegal Migrants in Burgas Region
Bulgarian police have detained 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey, bTV reported on Thursday.
Fifteen men were discovered in a Sofia-registered cargo vehicle left abandoned near the town of Tsarevo, in southeastern Bulgaria, after the driver escaped, trying to avoid police inspection. The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested later, bTV said, citing a spokesperson of Burgas Region police department.
Another 19 men, from Afghanistan and Pakistan, have been discovered in a Montana-registered van in Veselie village, Primorsko municipality, near Burgas when border police stopped the vehicle for inspection.
Police have launched criminal proceedings against the 36-year old driver on charges of people smuggling.
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria