Bulgaria Police Detain 34 Illegal Migrants in Burgas Region
Bulgarian police have detained 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey, bTV reported on Thursday.
Fifteen men were discovered in a Sofia-registered cargo vehicle left abandoned near the town of Tsarevo, in southeastern Bulgaria, after the driver escaped, trying to avoid police inspection. The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested later, bTV said, citing a spokesperson of Burgas Region police department.
Another 19 men, from Afghanistan and Pakistan, have been discovered in a Montana-registered van in Veselie village, Primorsko municipality, near Burgas when border police stopped the vehicle for inspection.
Police have launched criminal proceedings against the 36-year old driver on charges of people smuggling.
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)