Bulgaria Police Detain 34 Illegal Migrants in Burgas Region
Bulgarian police have detained 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey, bTV reported on Thursday.
Fifteen men were discovered in a Sofia-registered cargo vehicle left abandoned near the town of Tsarevo, in southeastern Bulgaria, after the driver escaped, trying to avoid police inspection. The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested later, bTV said, citing a spokesperson of Burgas Region police department.
Another 19 men, from Afghanistan and Pakistan, have been discovered in a Montana-registered van in Veselie village, Primorsko municipality, near Burgas when border police stopped the vehicle for inspection.
Police have launched criminal proceedings against the 36-year old driver on charges of people smuggling.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them