Bulgaria Police Detain 34 Illegal Migrants in Burgas Region
Bulgarian police have detained 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey, bTV reported on Thursday.
Fifteen men were discovered in a Sofia-registered cargo vehicle left abandoned near the town of Tsarevo, in southeastern Bulgaria, after the driver escaped, trying to avoid police inspection. The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested later, bTV said, citing a spokesperson of Burgas Region police department.
Another 19 men, from Afghanistan and Pakistan, have been discovered in a Montana-registered van in Veselie village, Primorsko municipality, near Burgas when border police stopped the vehicle for inspection.
Police have launched criminal proceedings against the 36-year old driver on charges of people smuggling.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year