Bulgaria Police Detain 34 Illegal Migrants in Burgas Region
Bulgarian police have detained 34 foreign nationals, all of them males, who have illegally crossed the border from Turkey, bTV reported on Thursday.
Fifteen men were discovered in a Sofia-registered cargo vehicle left abandoned near the town of Tsarevo, in southeastern Bulgaria, after the driver escaped, trying to avoid police inspection. The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested later, bTV said, citing a spokesperson of Burgas Region police department.
Another 19 men, from Afghanistan and Pakistan, have been discovered in a Montana-registered van in Veselie village, Primorsko municipality, near Burgas when border police stopped the vehicle for inspection.
Police have launched criminal proceedings against the 36-year old driver on charges of people smuggling.
- » Bank Employee from Central Bulgaria Arrested for Embezzlement of nearly 400 000 Levs
- » Transportation of Baby Eels from Endangered Species was Stopped at Sofia Airport (Photos)
- » Municipal Officials in Burgas Stopped the Sale of a Child
- » Quadruple Murder in Western Bulgaria
- » A Hacker Attack Hit the Australian Parliament
- » Imitation of "Nova Brasilia" Coffee Brand Led to a Fine of 2.57 Million in Bulgaria