Sofia City Court Acquits Former Labour Minister of Embezzlement Charges
Sofia City Court (SGS) acquitted on Tuesday former Labour and Social Policy Minister Emilia Maslarova of malfeasance in office and embezzlement charges.
Maslarova served as labour minister in the so-called triple coalition government, which was in power between 2005 and 2009.
The former minister was accused of having embezzled nearly BGN 19 M during the renovation of a social care home in the city of Stara Zagora which had been carried out between November 2007 until May 2009.
The other five defendants were also acquitted, daily Dnevnik informs.
The prosecution was not satisfied with the judgement and will protest the ruling before the Appellate Court.
- » The Special Prosecutor’s Office Has Brought Charges against Three Persons Involved in an Organised Crime Group for Trafficking of Women
- » London Police Released 29 Romanian Women who Were Forced to Prostitute
- » Turkey Returns 11 French Jihadists to Paris
- » More than 1 Tonne of Cocaine Is Washing Up on the Atlantic Coast of France
- » German Police Officers Detained Three People on Suspicion of a Bomb Attack
- » Pirates Attacked an Italian Ship in the Gulf of Mexico