Queues at Border Crossing w/ Turkey after Arrest of Bulgaria Customs Officers
A 12-km queue was formed on Monday morning at Kapitan Adreevo border crossing between Bulgaria and Turkey, after inspections of law enforcement agencies which led to the detention of 33 customs officers the day before.
A total of BGN 100 000 (EUR 50 000) in alleged bribes were found in the officers' homes, as part of an operation in a number of towns not far from the border such as Svilengrad, Harmanli, and Dimitrovgrad, BGNES reports.
The Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office maintains hundreds of drivers made illegal payments to customs officers to avoid detailed inspection.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair