Bulgaria Police Detain 18 Migrants Near Turkey Border
The Interior Ministry's unit in Burgas says it has detained 18 migrants who crossed into Bulgaria from Turkey over the past 24 hours.
The eighteeen who argue they are Kurds from Iraq have been detained near Tsarevo, Southeastern Bulgaria, not far from the border with Turkey.
Two smugglers have also been taken into custody. Each of them received EUR 1000 from each one of the migrants, officials say.
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography
- » 25 Members of Drug Gang are Internationally Wanted