Bulgaria’s Moskov Vows to Carry on as Minister Even as DSB Moves into Opposition
Petar Moskov's decision to carry on as Health Minister after his DSB party withdrew its support for Bulgaria’s coalition government is a personal choice and cannot be interpreted as “a DSB minister in the cabinet”, DSB leader Radan Kanev has said.
Moskov’s personal choice to remain in the cabinet has determined his decision to quit as DSB deputy chairman, Kanev told bTV broadcaster on Sunday.
Moskov said earlier he would step down as DSB deputy chairman but would remain member of the party.
Kanev also told bTV that support for DSB’s decision to withdraw support for the cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov had been unanimous at Saturday’s meeting of the right-wing party in Pomorie.
According to Kanev, DSB will follow its leader into opoposition to the government both in parliament and at cabinet level.
DSB is member of the Reformist Bloc coalition of five political parties, the junior partner to Borisov’s GERB party in the minority coalition government formed in November 2014 following early elections.
The Reformist Bloc, which has 23 members in the 240-seat Parliament including 10 from the DSB, is expected to decide on Tuesday whether to leave the coalition cabinet.
Also on Sunday, Moskov commented that he has been and would be a cabinet minister from the Reformist Bloc and all other comments were speculation.
“I firmly believe that DSB must not return to its self-capsulation of recent years, during which there were splendid ideas and programmes but absolutely nothing depended on DSB,” Moskov said, speaking on bTV.
- » Police Found 6 Tons of Amphetamine at a Port in Varna, Bulgarian Seaside
- » Large Tree Fell on a Car on a Busy Street in Plovdiv
- » Hail and Rain in Lovech, Firefighters Pull up Cars
- » Another 12 Hospitals in Bulgaria Are Facing Bankruptcy, Ombudsman Maya Manolova Said
- » Counter Campaign: Publishing House Asks if we Value Gambling more than Culture (Video)
- » On 24 May Balchik Opens a Monument to Cyril and Methodius