Customs Officers Detained at Border Crossing with Turkey
Bulgarian authorities have detained customs officers at Kapitan Andreevo crossing on the border with Turkey over suspected corruption on Sunday morning, BGNES reported.
Fourteen people have been detained so far including all customs officers doing the morning shift on inbound traffic at Kapitan Andreevo.
The operation is part of a pre-trial investigation targeting an organised crime group involved in corruption, the Bulgarian news outlet reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene