Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party 'Discussing 2 Options' as Next Justice Min
Two options are on the table as nominees of Bulgaria's senior government partner GERB as a new Justice Minister is to be appointed, a GERB official has said.
Hristo Ivanov of Wednesday resigned as Justice Minister amid a dispute with lawmekrs, who revised his proposals for judicial reform.
Ivanov was among ministers proposed by the Reformist Bloc (RB), a right-wing coalition that is the junior government partner in the cabient of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
But as tensions are still rising between GERB and some parties in the RB over what the latter calls a "failed" judicial reform, the party of Borisov announced it would put forward its own candidates to take over.
In an interview with private national NOVA TV station, GERB MP Desislava Atanasova stopped short of naming its candidates.
PM Boyko Borisov is expected to name a successor to Ivanov, out of all GERB and RB nominations, possibly next week.
- » Bulgaria is Failing to Attract Funding for Science
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior Reports a Drop in Casualties of Car Crashes
- » Expenses of the Bulgarian Family are Growing Faster than Income
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Inspected Construction of Section of Hemus Motorway
- » Construction on the Expansion of the Southern Arc of the Ring Road in Sofia can Start at end of 2019.
- » City Scooters like in Vienna will be soon Roaming the Streets of Sofia