Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party 'Discussing 2 Options' as Next Justice Min
Two options are on the table as nominees of Bulgaria's senior government partner GERB as a new Justice Minister is to be appointed, a GERB official has said.
Hristo Ivanov of Wednesday resigned as Justice Minister amid a dispute with lawmekrs, who revised his proposals for judicial reform.
Ivanov was among ministers proposed by the Reformist Bloc (RB), a right-wing coalition that is the junior government partner in the cabient of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
But as tensions are still rising between GERB and some parties in the RB over what the latter calls a "failed" judicial reform, the party of Borisov announced it would put forward its own candidates to take over.
In an interview with private national NOVA TV station, GERB MP Desislava Atanasova stopped short of naming its candidates.
PM Boyko Borisov is expected to name a successor to Ivanov, out of all GERB and RB nominations, possibly next week.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"