Regional Policy Commissioner Praises Bulgaria's Management of EU Funds
European Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Cretu, who is on a one-day visit to Bulgaria on Friday, congratulated the efforts of the government in the management of EU funds.
On her visit the commissioner met with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev, Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova and attended the official opening ceremony of Sofia Tech Park.
Cretu pointed to the presence of visible results in Bulgaria and noted that the European Commission is proud with the progress of the cabinet's efforts in this field.
In her words, this reflected the improved cooperation between Bulgarian authorities and the European Commission.
Cretu added that regional funds have already invested EUR 3.9 B in areas such as competitiveness, transport, environment and regional development.
She reminded that Bulgaria could be allocated EUR 5.8 B from the regional fund and another EUR 3 B from the social fund and the fisheries fund during the ongoing 2014-2020 programme period.
Borisov also highlighted the efforts of the government, noting that the effect of improved absorption of EU funds has been felt in all spheres of the economy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: EU Funds Have Led to Increased Wages, Business Investments, GDP Rise by 7.7%
- » OLAF: Romania Ranks First in Fraud Cases with EU Funds, Bulgaria is Fifth
- » Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
- » European Parliament Will Discuss the Situation in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves €4.4 Million Bulgarian Support Measure to Burgas and Varna Airports
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life