EU Regional Policy Commissioner Arrives on One-Day Visit to Bulgaria
The European Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Cretu is on a one-day visit to Bulgaria on Friday.
During her visit, Cretu is to meet with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev and other ministers from the cabinet,
The commissioner will also attend the official opening ceremony of Sofia Tech Park on Friday and she is also expected to hold talks with Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Her visit comes in the context of the outgoing 2007-2013 programme period, which concludes at the end of this year.
According to estimates, Bulgaria will fail to absorb 15 % of the EU funds which have been available under the outgoing programme period.
On her visit to Bulgaria earlier in June this year, Cretu was impressed with the country's 75 % EU funds absorption rate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria