EU Regional Policy Commissioner Arrives on One-Day Visit to Bulgaria
The European Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Cretu is on a one-day visit to Bulgaria on Friday.
During her visit, Cretu is to meet with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev and other ministers from the cabinet,
The commissioner will also attend the official opening ceremony of Sofia Tech Park on Friday and she is also expected to hold talks with Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Her visit comes in the context of the outgoing 2007-2013 programme period, which concludes at the end of this year.
According to estimates, Bulgaria will fail to absorb 15 % of the EU funds which have been available under the outgoing programme period.
On her visit to Bulgaria earlier in June this year, Cretu was impressed with the country's 75 % EU funds absorption rate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects
- » Bulgaria Will Apply For EUR 500 Million of EU for Supporting 60/40 Measure
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Quarantine and PCR Tests for Bulgarians in Several EU countries
- » EC: New Notification by Bulgaria is Required for Construction of Belene NPP