Bulgaria Gives Name 'Balkan' to Its Gas Hub Project
Bulgaria's government on Thursday announced the gas hub Bulgaria was intending to build near Varna, at the Black Sea, would bear the name "Balkan".
A cabinet statement issued Thursday coincides with a meeting of Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova and Klaus-Dieter Borchardt, Director Internal Energy Market at the European Commission's Directorate-General for Energy.
It also reads that Borchardt and Bulgaria's Deputy PM for economic development, Tomislav Donchev, will head a work group set up last year to study the gas hub project.
The group will work to address challenges facing the regulatory framework and commercial environment to enable an easier connection of Bulgaria to the rest of Southeast Europe.
Borchardt is quoted as saying, on behalf of EU Energy Commissioner Miguel Arias Ca?ete, that Brussels is interested in the development of the gas sector in Southeast Europe to provide supplies to every country in the region.
Bulgaria came up with the gas hub proposal last December, after Russia abandoned the South Stream project which was to carry gas to Central Europe via Bulgaria and Serbia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Arrives in Athenes Where Will Be Signed the Contract for Gas Terminal Near Alexandroupolis
- » Half of Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Without Electricity Due to an Accident
- » General Electric Co Signed Agreement Valued at Over $1.2 Billion with the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity
- » Executive Director of the Bulgarian Energy Holding Jacklen Cohen Resigns
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece