Bulgaria’s October Industrial Production Index Rises 1% Y/Y
Bulgaria’s industrial production index rose by 0.1% month-on-month in October led by the manufacturing sector, the country’s statistical office NSI said on Tuesday.
Compared with October 2014, the index increased by 1.0%.
Both calculations are seasonally adjusted. Data for October 2015 are preliminary.
In October, as compared to September, the industrial production index increased by 1.9% in the manufacturing sector but decreased in the energy sector (-0.6%) and in the mining and quarrying industry (-12.3%).
The most significant month-on-month increases of production in the manufacturing sector were registered in October in the repair and installation of machines and equipment (+16.9%), tobacco products (+15.9%), production of computers, electronic and optical products (+13.3%) and manufacturing of metal products (+5.7%.)
Compared with October 2014, the industrial production index increased by 4.4% in the manufacturing sector in October 2015 nut decreased in the energy sector (-5.9%) and the mining and quarrying industry (-9.3%.)
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity