Sofia Hosts International Short Film Festival on 8-13 December
The capital of Bulgaria will host for the first time IN THE PALACE International Short Film Festival, which will take place at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) between December 8 and 13.
The audience will have the opportunity to watch more than 100 movies, each of them with a length of up to 27 minutes.
The movies will be competing in four genres: fiction, documentary, animation, experimental films.
In addition to movies, the thirteenth edition of IN THE PALACE will also offer Filmer Forge educational programme, Q&A sessions, accompanying musical programme, film industry market and video library.
The main purpose of the festival is to present contemporary art from Bulgaria, Europe and the rest of the world, providing a platform for expression of both young film makers and established professionals in the field.
Starting as a student competition, it has grown to become one of the largest and most prestigious short film festivals in Bulgaria and the region.
From its inception in 2003, the festival has been held each summer in the Black Sea town of Balchik, but due to its expansion and popularity, from this year on, the festival will be hosted by Sofia in December.
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn
- » Bulgaria will Participate in the Venice Bienniale with the Installation "How We Live"
- » BUZLUDZHA FEATURES IN NEW 'FRANKENSTEIN' OPERA
- » Ten Minutes of Applause for the Sofia Philharmonic in Shanghai