No Bulgarian Servicemen Injured in Rocket Attack on Kandahar Airport
No Bulgarian servicemen were injured in a rocket attack, which targeted the Kandahar international airport in Afghanistan on Monday evening, the press servie of the defence ministry informs.
Bulgarian troops have been deployed to Afghanistan for participation in international missions in the past thirteen years.
Bulgarian military personnel first participated in the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) mission and are currently involved in the Resolute Support mission, which succeeded ISAF at the beginning of this year.
The current Bulgarian contingent, which numbers 110 troops, was deployed to Afghanistan only several days ago, daily Dnevnik informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Modernization of the Bulgarian Air Force Can Go Awry
- » Border Police Introduces Temporary Anti-Epidemic Measures for Arrivers in Bulgaria
- » “The EU Must Close its Borders to Migrants”, said the Slovenian Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Border: 30 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Lyaskovets
- » Bulgarian Admiral: Modernization of our Army Can’t Compare to the Pace in Neighboring Countries
- » The Bulgarian Army will Assist the Interior Ministry in Guarding the State Border