BGN 2 Coin Enters Into Circulation in Bulgaria
The new BGN 2 coin enters into circulation in Bulgaria on Monday.
At the end of November, the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) officially presented the new coin at a press conference.
The presentation served as the start of a national public awareness campaign at branches of all commercial banks, post offices, airports, border points, public transport, large chain stores.
The metal coin has two components - an inner circle made of goldish alloy and an outer ring of silvery alloy.
It has a weight of 9 grammes, its diameter measures 26.5 milimetres and its edge is made of alternating serrated and flat sectors.
The obverse of the coin features the nominal value (2), the inscription LEVA (written in Bulgarian) and the year of issue (2015).
The reverse depicts a stylised image of Paisuis of Hilendar, who is also portrayed on the BGN 2 banknote, the years of his life (1722-1773), as well as the inscriptions PAISIUS of HILENDAR and BULGARIA (both written in Bulgarian).
The author of the artistic design is Vanya Dimitrova.
The BGN 2 banknote (1999 and 2005 issues) will continue to serve as legal tender in parallel with the new coin of the same denomination.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How to Launch a Small Business in Today’s Economic Climate
- » "Economist": A Recession in Europe is Inevitable, Bulgaria will be among the Most Affected
- » Bulgaria: Already in the Autumn we will see the first Increases in Interest Rates for New Loans
- » Fed: Inflation remains “Too High”
- » Economic Challenges weigh on the European Investment Activity recorded in Q2 2022
- » The IMF Downgraded its Forecasts for the Growth of the World Economy