Bulgaria MPs Pass 2016 Budget Framework
Bulgarian lawmakers have approved the state budget for next year at an extraordinary plenary that lasted until late on Tuesday evening.
With revenues at BGN 20.6 B (BGN 18 B of which are to be collected from taxes), expenditure for 2016 is estimated at around BGN 11 B.
A proposal under which Bulgaria's local administrations would be allocated more funding, submitted by the socialist opposition, was turned down, news website Dnevnik.bg reports.
Earlier this week, Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov suggested municipalities should consider raising local taxes to allow the central budget to focus on security issues.
Also on Tuesday, MPs passed the budget of the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Finance Ministry: If there is No New Budget by June 10 - Bulgaria could only Spend as much as it Collects
- » Bulgarian National Bank: The Technical Work on the Adoption of the Euro Continues
- » Bulgaria: Inflation Decline and GDP Growth