Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
Specialized anti-terror squads have found no explosive device inside a minivan parked in front of Sofia Airport Terminal 1 building, the Interior Ministry says.
Earlier on Tuesday, a "suspicious package" was allegedly discovered, with airport officials first confirming there was a bomb in the vehicle and Interior Ministry officials then denying.
Terminal 1 will remain closed until 01:30 local time (EET) on Wednesday, with takeoffs and landings being redirected to adjacent Terminal 2.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is quoted by a number of local media outlets as saying on Tuesday afternoon that he is "furious" over the panic sparked by airport officials, calling them "a bunch of incompetents".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas