Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
Specialized anti-terror squads have found no explosive device inside a minivan parked in front of Sofia Airport Terminal 1 building, the Interior Ministry says.
Earlier on Tuesday, a "suspicious package" was allegedly discovered, with airport officials first confirming there was a bomb in the vehicle and Interior Ministry officials then denying.
Terminal 1 will remain closed until 01:30 local time (EET) on Wednesday, with takeoffs and landings being redirected to adjacent Terminal 2.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is quoted by a number of local media outlets as saying on Tuesday afternoon that he is "furious" over the panic sparked by airport officials, calling them "a bunch of incompetents".
- » British Tourist Nearly Dies after ‘Severing Artery’ Plummeting Down ‘Extreme’ Water Slide in Bulgaria
- » A Woman Survives a 1.5-Kilometer Fall in Canada. Her Parachute Failed to Open
- » Part of the Wing of a Passenger Plane in New York Fell Off
- » Rescuers Looking for a 14-year-old Girl by the Sea near Varna
- » Fire Breaks out in Locomotive Along Bulgarian Railway Line
- » Fire at a Pennsylvania Day Care Center Kills 5 Children