Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
Specialized anti-terror squads have found no explosive device inside a minivan parked in front of Sofia Airport Terminal 1 building, the Interior Ministry says.
Earlier on Tuesday, a "suspicious package" was allegedly discovered, with airport officials first confirming there was a bomb in the vehicle and Interior Ministry officials then denying.
Terminal 1 will remain closed until 01:30 local time (EET) on Wednesday, with takeoffs and landings being redirected to adjacent Terminal 2.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is quoted by a number of local media outlets as saying on Tuesday afternoon that he is "furious" over the panic sparked by airport officials, calling them "a bunch of incompetents".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby