Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
Specialized anti-terror squads have found no explosive device inside a minivan parked in front of Sofia Airport Terminal 1 building, the Interior Ministry says.
Earlier on Tuesday, a "suspicious package" was allegedly discovered, with airport officials first confirming there was a bomb in the vehicle and Interior Ministry officials then denying.
Terminal 1 will remain closed until 01:30 local time (EET) on Wednesday, with takeoffs and landings being redirected to adjacent Terminal 2.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is quoted by a number of local media outlets as saying on Tuesday afternoon that he is "furious" over the panic sparked by airport officials, calling them "a bunch of incompetents".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 6 Injured 2 in Critical Condition after a Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A Car with Illegal Migrants Crashed and One Person has Died
- » Bulgaria: The Body of a 31-Year-Old Man was found under a Bridge in Gabrovo
- » Bulgaria: A Boy Died and Four others were Injured in an Accident on the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: A 2-Year-Old Boy Fell into a Two-Meter Manhole
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after his Truck fell off a Bridge in the Kotlen Pass