Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
Specialized anti-terror squads have found no explosive device inside a minivan parked in front of Sofia Airport Terminal 1 building, the Interior Ministry says.
Earlier on Tuesday, a "suspicious package" was allegedly discovered, with airport officials first confirming there was a bomb in the vehicle and Interior Ministry officials then denying.
Terminal 1 will remain closed until 01:30 local time (EET) on Wednesday, with takeoffs and landings being redirected to adjacent Terminal 2.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is quoted by a number of local media outlets as saying on Tuesday afternoon that he is "furious" over the panic sparked by airport officials, calling them "a bunch of incompetents".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Two Workers Died during Excavation work in Pernik
- » A Bulgarian Woman is among the Seven Victims of the Landslide in Italy
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: A Tanker Exploded in Ruse - One Casualty Reported
- » Bulgaria: Police Officer injured during a Chase with Migrants remains in Critical Condition