Flow of Illegal Migrants at Bulgaria’s Lesovo Increases - bTV
Bulgarian authorities have been faced with increased flow of illegal migrants across the country’s border with Turkey in recent days, bTV broadcaster reported on Tuesday.
Several groups of migrants have been detained by border police while trying to illegally cross into Bulgaria at Lesovo checkpoint, the TV channel said citing prosecкting authorities in the nearby town of Elhovo.
The migrants – Syrian and Iraqi nationals, including women and children – were transported in trucks.
More traces of migrants, including children, have been found in the forest area around Lesovo in recent days, according to bTV. There were signs left in the forest to direct migrants toward points of meeting with people smugglers,
Illegal migrants have been using abandoned houses in villages near Elhovo and Bolyarovo to hide, bTV said.
Locals tipped the authorities about the presence of a group of illegal migrants in an abandoned house in the area. About 30 migrants, including women and children, were detained there.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend