Christmas Tree Lights in Sofia to be Illuminated on Tuesday
The lights of the Christmas tree in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia will be illuminated on Tuesday evening.
The Christmas tree is located in the garden, which is situated between Rila hotel and Alabin street in downtown Sofia.
The lighting ceremony will be attended by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, with invitations having been sent to actors from theatres in the capital as well as athletes.
Gabriela Yordanova and Ivan Stoyanov, who represented Bulgaria at this year's edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, which was held in Sofia on November 21, will also be present at the ceremony.
The programme of events begins at 17:00 EET, with the lighting itself to take place at 19:00 EET.
A lot of music groups and dance formations composed of children will participate in the events, with a retro tram and procession of children from schools in the capital also part of the celebrations.
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » Sofia Residents Will Be Able to Track Information about Upcoming Disasters in the City via Their Phone
- » 9 Kilometers Long Car Queue at The Danube Bridge 2 Border Checkpoint