Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
Bulgarian authorities detained nine Syrian refugees hidden in a Romanian truck in the Pass of the Republic (also known as Hainboaz) in central Bulgaria on Saturday.
Four young men, four women and a one-year-old child were detained after drivers travelling through the pass had informed police that there were immigrants in the truck.
The truck, which was travelling to Romania, was stopped near the town of Kilifarevo.
It was established that the truck had passed through the Turkish border, but it was not clear where and how the refugees were boarded on the vehicle.
The Syrians were transported to the refugee center in the town of Elhovo, Darik radio informs.
- » Carriers Discuss Forthcoming Protest Actions in Plovdiv
- » "Women in the Balkans in the Next 100"
- » RFE/RL: Bulgarian Justice Minister Resigns Amid Real Estate Scandal
- » Bulgarian President Radev and CEC Discussed Preparations for the European Elections
- » Anti-corruption Body Investigates Property Deals of Ruling Majority Politicians in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Citizens Will Pay More For Driving Courses