Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
Bulgarian authorities detained nine Syrian refugees hidden in a Romanian truck in the Pass of the Republic (also known as Hainboaz) in central Bulgaria on Saturday.
Four young men, four women and a one-year-old child were detained after drivers travelling through the pass had informed police that there were immigrants in the truck.
The truck, which was travelling to Romania, was stopped near the town of Kilifarevo.
It was established that the truck had passed through the Turkish border, but it was not clear where and how the refugees were boarded on the vehicle.
The Syrians were transported to the refugee center in the town of Elhovo, Darik radio informs.
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
- » CPC Stops the Deal for "Nova Broadcasting Group"
- » CPC Prohibit "Inercom" from Buying "CEZ Bulgaria"