Bulgarian Police Bust Crime Group Making Fake Passports for Migrants
Bulgarian police have arrested five people on charges of making fake identity documents, including passports for illegal migrants crossing the country, BGNES reported on Saturday.
The five suspects, aged between 22 and 57 years, were detained in Sofia and Veliko Tarnovo earlier this week.
According to the Interior Ministry, the five are members of an organized crime group which has been active in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Pavlikeni since November last year, the Bulgarian news outlet reported.
The arrested members of the group have been charged with preparing and possessing with the aim of selling forged identity cards, passports, driver’s licences, badges and other identification signs,
There were fake identity documents of people with Arabic names among the pieces of evidence discovered by police during the search of premises and motor vehicles used by members of the group. A uniform resembling those worn by Bulgarian police has also been found.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria