German Police Arrests Two Suspected Jihadists in Berlin
German police detained on Thursday two suspected jihadists in Berlin during a series of raids targeting possible Islamists.
The two men aged 28 and 46 are suspected of planning an attack, with some media reports suggesting that they were targeting the city of Dortmund.
The police also examined a suspicious object in the Britz neighbourhood of the German capital, with several of the nearby buildings evacuated as precautionary measure.
An Islamic cultural center in the district of Charlottenburg was also searched, but nothing worrying was found, Deutsche Welle informs.
Following the attacks in Paris on November 13, Germany has been on high alert over possible terrorist attacks.
Earlier this week, the city senate of Berlin approved a new bill on heightening the presence of security forces in the German capital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Poland: Distrust of Germany is Growing because of its Policy towards Ukraine
- » Von der Leyen: Managing the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is the Most Urgent Task for Strengthening EU's Land Borders
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina