Telenor Bulgaria to Offer 4G Services from Next Month
Telenor Bulgaria announced on Thursday that it will offer fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology services under the Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard in the 1800 MHz band to its customers starting on December 1.
Telenor 4G network will offer maximum speed of 75 Мbps in mobile data exchange and will ensure a vastly improved user mobile app experience, faster browsing and video streaming and higher download and upload, the company said in a news release.
The 4G service will be initially available in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Ruse as well as most of southern Bulgaria, including the ski resorts of Bansko, Pamporovo and Borovetz.
By the middle of next month Telenor 4G service will extend into northern Bulgaria and will cover all Bulgarian cities with population of more than 20,000, thus providing outdoor coverage to 56.73% of the country’s population.
“The launch of the Telenor 4G services is the logical next step in the Telenor Group’s long-term investment strategy in Bulgaria and a major part of our promise to offer world class mobile experience to our customers,” Telenor Bulgaria CEO Stein-Erik Vellan commented in the news release.
- » Dundee’s Krumovgrad Gold Mine in Bulgaria Yields First Concentrate
- » Investments Worth More Than BGN 200 million Were Made in the Automotive Industry in 2018
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister and Saudi Arabian Ministers Discussed Co-Operation Between the Two Countries
- » A New Third Candidate is Ready to Take Part in CEZ's Bulgarian Business Deal
- » Tourism Minister: The Summer for Bulgarian Tourism will Be Challenging
- » Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February