15 People Killed, 10 Others Injured as Russian Helicopter Crashes in Eastern Siberia
Fifteen people were killed and ten others are in intensive care after a Russian Mi-8 helicopter crashed in the Krasnoyarsk territory in Eastern Siberia on Thursday.
Earlier reports suggested that the crash claimed the lives of twelve people, TASS news agency informs.
There were 25 people on board the helicopter, among them 22 passengers and three crew members.
The helicopter fell in the Yenisei river and is lying on the ice, with people being evacuated.
The helicopter was conducting a flight from the town of Igarka to an oil production plant in Krasny Selkub.
According to the emergencies ministry, the helicopter made a hard landing in a difficult access area some two kilometers from the airport in Igarka.
The fuselage of the aircraft was destroyed without catching fire.
- » Putin says Russia will not Cede Crimea under any Circumstances
- » Four Russian Soldiers were Killed during Fights in Syria
- » Russia will soon Open Bridge linking Crimea to Russia
- » Thousands Arrested in Protest against Putin
- » Thousands Protest in Moscow over the Blocking of Telegram
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration