15 People Killed, 10 Others Injured as Russian Helicopter Crashes in Eastern Siberia
Fifteen people were killed and ten others are in intensive care after a Russian Mi-8 helicopter crashed in the Krasnoyarsk territory in Eastern Siberia on Thursday.
Earlier reports suggested that the crash claimed the lives of twelve people, TASS news agency informs.
There were 25 people on board the helicopter, among them 22 passengers and three crew members.
The helicopter fell in the Yenisei river and is lying on the ice, with people being evacuated.
The helicopter was conducting a flight from the town of Igarka to an oil production plant in Krasny Selkub.
According to the emergencies ministry, the helicopter made a hard landing in a difficult access area some two kilometers from the airport in Igarka.
The fuselage of the aircraft was destroyed without catching fire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia