Second Pilot of Downed Russian Warplane Is Safe
The second pilot of the Russian Su-24 warplane, which was brought down by Turkey near the Turkish-Syrian border on Tuesday, is safe and sound.
This was announced by Russian Defence Minister Sergey Shoigu on Wednesday, TASS news agency informs.
The pilot was rescued by Russian and Syrian forces and taken to base, in an operation which lasted for twelve hours.
Ankara claims that the Russian aircraft had violated Turkish airspace and had been warned ten times before being shot down, while Moscow maintains that the airplane was in Syrian airspace.
The warplane was brought down by an air-to-air missile launched by a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
Both pilots managed to eject themselves, but one of them was killed in midair by gunfire from the ground.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Philippines to Impose Travel Ban on Malaysia, Thailand to Prevent Delta Variant
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Russia Tests Hypersonic Missile
- » England to Abandon Almost all Coronavirus Restrictions
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes