Second Pilot of Downed Russian Warplane Is Safe
The second pilot of the Russian Su-24 warplane, which was brought down by Turkey near the Turkish-Syrian border on Tuesday, is safe and sound.
This was announced by Russian Defence Minister Sergey Shoigu on Wednesday, TASS news agency informs.
The pilot was rescued by Russian and Syrian forces and taken to base, in an operation which lasted for twelve hours.
Ankara claims that the Russian aircraft had violated Turkish airspace and had been warned ten times before being shot down, while Moscow maintains that the airplane was in Syrian airspace.
The warplane was brought down by an air-to-air missile launched by a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
Both pilots managed to eject themselves, but one of them was killed in midair by gunfire from the ground.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 577 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Attack on Sevastopol
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?