Gazprom Suspends Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
Russian energy concern Gazprom has stopped supplying UKriane with gas, with CEO Alexey Miller saying Kiev is failing to make the payments needed.
A prepayment system was introduced by Moscow last year, amid a gas pricing dispute that started soon after Crimea was incorporated into Russia.
Interfax quotes Miller as saying Ukraine has issued no new supply requests.
Russian daily Kommersant, on the other hand, says Ukrainian officials are accusing Russia of not abiding by earlier gas contracts.
Ukraine's gas reserves are currently estimated at 2 million tons, and amount that will only be enough for less than a month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price