Turkey to Take ‘All Kinds of Measures’ to Defend Borders, PM Davutoglu Says
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has said that his country exercised its “international right and national duty” by downing a Russian warplane which the authorities in Ankara said had violated the Turkish airspace.
Turkey has the right to take “all kinds of measures” against border violations, Davutoglu said on Tuesday, according to Anadolu Agency.
“We would like the entire world to know that we will take all necessary measures and make any sacrifices when it comes to the lives and dignity of our citizens and for the security of our borders while our country is in a circle of fire,” Davutoglu said
A Russian Su-24 fighter bomber was shot down on Tuesday morning by Turkish Air Force as part of rules of engagement and violation of airspace in the K?z?ldag region near the border with Syria. Turkey's Presidency has confirmed the warplane belonged to Russia and it was shot down after violating Turkey's airspace.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday the warplane was flying over Syrian territory at a distance of 1 km. from the border with Turkey when it was hit by an air-to-air missile fired from a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Chinese Military Points at US in Anger
- » Putin: Nazi Germany Wanted to Exterminate and Enslave Soviet People
- » Slovenian FM Sides with Skopje against Bulgaria, Requesting EU "action" for Western Balkans Enlargement
- » EU Council of Foreign Ministers Agrees New Sanctions on Lukashenko
- » Discover: Northern Areas of Pakistan – a Heaven on Earth
- » UK Reports over 11,000 COVID-19 Cases in 24 hrs, First Time in four Months