Russia Protests to Turkey over Downing of Su-24 Warplane
Russia has lodged a formal protest with Turkey over the downing of its Su-24 jet, TASS reported on Tuesday.
“The Russian Defense Ministry urgently summoned the Turkish military attache to present an official protest over the actions of the Turkish Air Force,” the Russian news agency said, citing a statement from the ministry.
The ministry also said that it considers the downing of the Su-24 fighter bomber over Syria by a Turkish Air Force plane "an unfriendly act".
Russia will continue carrying out airstrikes against terrorists in Syria despite the downing of the plane, according to the statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia Bans Navalny's Organizations
- » Putin Offers Gas and Vaccines to Foreigners in Speech
- » Shooting in Russia, Gunman Is Former Policeman
- » Russia Accuses EU of Stopping Access to Sputnik Vaccine
- » Russian Orthodox Church Pleas Reduction of Abortions to Fight Demographic Crisis
- » Doctor Who Treated Navalny from Poisoning Reported Missing