Russia Protests to Turkey over Downing of Su-24 Warplane
Russia has lodged a formal protest with Turkey over the downing of its Su-24 jet, TASS reported on Tuesday.
“The Russian Defense Ministry urgently summoned the Turkish military attache to present an official protest over the actions of the Turkish Air Force,” the Russian news agency said, citing a statement from the ministry.
The ministry also said that it considers the downing of the Su-24 fighter bomber over Syria by a Turkish Air Force plane "an unfriendly act".
Russia will continue carrying out airstrikes against terrorists in Syria despite the downing of the plane, according to the statement.
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Russia Holds Drills in Black Sea Region Amid Ukraine Tensions