Russia Protests to Turkey over Downing of Su-24 Warplane
Russia has lodged a formal protest with Turkey over the downing of its Su-24 jet, TASS reported on Tuesday.
“The Russian Defense Ministry urgently summoned the Turkish military attache to present an official protest over the actions of the Turkish Air Force,” the Russian news agency said, citing a statement from the ministry.
The ministry also said that it considers the downing of the Su-24 fighter bomber over Syria by a Turkish Air Force plane "an unfriendly act".
Russia will continue carrying out airstrikes against terrorists in Syria despite the downing of the plane, according to the statement.
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Russia Holds Drills in Black Sea Region Amid Ukraine Tensions
- » Russia Deploys New Laser Weapon
- » Russian Cops Put Out Fire With Snowballs
- » Russian Dies After His Explosive Device Detonates Inside FSB Building