Russian Inspection Group to Oversee Military Locations in Bulgaria
A Russian inspection group is in Bulgaria on a three-day visit in order to oversee military activities, reported the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The inspection is a clause of the Vienna Document, established in 2011 by the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), of which both Bulgaria and the Russian Federation are members.
On the first day of its visit, on Tuesday, November 24, the inspection group will check up military activities in Plovdiv, where the Bulgarian army’s main military units are located.
The schedule of inspections for Tuesday also includes meetings with commanders of the military units at the locations scheduled for observation.
At 15:00 local time, the delegation will visit the training area in Southwestern village of Novo selo.
The Vienna Document is the first international agreement aimed to establish and implement a system of confidence and security building measures. Under the agreement, OSCE member states consent to exchange on an annual basis information about military forces and all military activities on their territories.
- » U.S. and Bulgarian Soldiers Conduct Static Line Paradrop Training
- » New IFVs Top Priority for Bulgaria's Land Forces inventory
- » Ankara Has Repeatedly Disrupted Greek Airspace
- » US Military will Come to Bulgaria for Joint Training
- » Bulgaria Transfers Full Amount for Purchase of F-16 Aircraft and Associated Equipment and Weapons
- » Bulgarian Defence Ministry Invites Four Companies to Bid to Supply Armoured Vehicles