Lufthansa Cabin Crew Set to Strike Again on Thursday, Friday
Lufthansa cabin crew will go on strike again on Thursday and Friday over pay and retirement demands, newswires have reported.
"We hope that this will finally bring serious movement in this labour dispute and that we will not be forced to also strike in December," AFP quoted the chief of cabin crew trade union UFO, Nicoley Baublies, as saying on Monday.
The strike would continue next Monday, if UFO demands are not met by Lufthansa by then, Baublies said, according to DPA.
A key demand of UFO is to secure transition payments for its members in case of early retirement. In a bid to save costs, Lufthansa is trying to change pension plans that allow crews to retire at 55.
UFO held a week-long strike earlier this month that cost Lufthansa tens of millions of euro. Germany's largest airline had to cancel 4,700 flights, grounding about half a million passengers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 350 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Biden confirmed that US will Stand with Ukraine “As Long As It Takes”
- » 2023 Serbia - Kosovo: Normalization of Relations – Imperative
- » In his State of the Union Address, Biden called for Unity
- » The Death Toll from the Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria exceeded 8,100 people
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » Erdogan declared Three-Month State of Emergency in 10 Regions of Turkey, Deaths from the Earthquakes are now 5000