Bulgaria PM Backs Sofia-Shanghai Sister Cities Agreement
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is supportive of plans to turn the country's capital Sofia and the Chinese city of Shanghai into sister cities, the government's press office has said.
Borisov is on a five-day visit to China alongside seven ministers to attend a summit of Central and Eastern European leaders and a bilateral investment forum.
"This is my first visit to the country because we wanted to come with prepared projects - when we can offer something more concrete," Borisov is quoted as telling Shanghai Mayor Yang Xiong at their meeting.
Borisov also stressed China's role as Bulgaria's most important regional partner.
He invited the mayor to Sofia for the twin sister agreement to be signed.
The first intent document dates back to last year, with Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova and Chinese official Yin Yicui agreeing the two cities should start work on joint projects.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Prices - 80% Up for Producers in December 2021
- » Restaurants in Sofia Boycotted the New Measures last night
- » 5 Best Practices to Onboard and Train New Hires Remotely
- » Bulgaria: By how much did Alcohol Rise in Price due to inflation?
- » Sofia Airport Recorded a Decline of 3.8 Million Passengers compared to Pre-COVID levels
- » Russia sees an Opportunity for Dialogue after US Responses