Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss 2016 Draft Budget
The Bulgarian parliament will discuss at first reading on Thursday the draft government budget for next year.
In the plenary chamber on Wednesday, the MPs approved the budgets of the National health insurance fund (NZOK) and the State Social Insurance.
All 23 permanent parliamentary committees presented their reports on Wednesday.
The 2016 draft budget and the accompanying mid-term framework foresee a deficit of BGN 1.8 B or 2 % (compared to this year's 3.3 %), economic growth of 2.1 % (compared to 2 % in 2015), increase of revenues by BGN 1.35 B and increase of expenditures by BGN 271 M.
At the same time an update of the 2015 budget is proposed, which foresees an increase of the deficit to 3 %.
The government is also expected to take a new BGN 5.3 B loan.
The largest share of the budget next year – 35 %, which amounts to BGN 12 B, will be allocated to social expenditures.
Nearly BGN 4 B will go to healthcare, close to BGN 3 B will be allocated to education, while BGN 3.3 B are foreseen for defence and security.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Office Requested More Info from US on Sanctioned Bulgarian Nationals under Magnitsky Act
- » Bulgaria’s Sofia Tech Park to Boast Most Powerful Computer
- » Bulgaria Requests from US Additional Info on Persons Sanctioned under Magnitski Act
- » Passenger Vehicle Sales See Sharp Uptick in Bulgaria
- » EU Health Commissioner Comes to Sofia to Discuss Pandemic Issues, Vaccination
- » Bulgaria: President Radev Briefs EU, US Ambassadors on Caretaker Government Priorities