Controversial Bulgarian Judge Summoned for 2nd Indictment
Rumyana Chenalova, a controversial judge charged with malfeasance and document fraud, is to be handed a second indictment on Wednesday, Bulgarian media outlets report.
Chenalova has been summoned to the Bulgarian security agency DANS, according to the Bulgarian National Radio which cites its own sources.
"Unofficial information" also suggests the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS), widely thought to be a self-styled "government of the judiciary", is to decide on Thursday whether to dismiss Chenalova.
In January, she was temporarily removed from office after disciplinary proceedings were launched against her. Three months later a nationwide search resulted in her detention after authorities had repeatedly failed to find her at any of her addresses.
The judge also emerged into the spotlight late last year, when she was accused by French Ambassador to Bulgaria Xavier Lapeyre de Cabanes of mishandling the bankruptcy case against the two subsidiaries of the French Belvedere Group.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski