Explosions in Northern Paris amid Massive Manhunt, '3 Terrorists Dead'
Three people have been reported dead amid shooting and explosions in Saint Denis, a northern Suburb of Paris, as French police are working to hunt down people suspected of involvement in last week's series of deadly attacks.
A woman has reportedly blown herself up during the hours-long police operation. According to police sources cited by CNN, a total of six suspects had been surrounded by police, three of them were killed and three arrested.
France's Justice Minister says the operation is coming to an end.
A series of explosions was reported. Information emerged of a civilian victim, but was not immediately confirmed.
#BREAKING Two dead in Paris siege, including woman who blew herself up: police— Agence France-Presse (@AFP) November 18, 2015
The Saint Denis raid is reportedly targeting Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected mastermind of the attacks, but police is yet to confirm.
Explosions have been heard at the site, and helicopters are hovering. Soldiers and police in riot gear can be seen all around the scene.
BFM TV footage, shown on CNN, suggests heavily armed police have surrounded two or three suspects in an apartment located in the suburb.
Saint Denis is also the district where one of the attacks, the one at Stade de France, took place on Friday evening.
The attacks of last week left 129 dead and hundreds wounded.
More to follow.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Мatch for Ukraine is decided between Washington and Moscow
- » Day 277 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heavy Snowfall leaves Millions of Ukrainians without Electricity and Heating
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Day 276 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Six Million Households remain without Electricity
- » China reports Third Consecutive Daily Record for New COVID-19 Cases
- » Musk will endorse DeSantis in the 2024 US Presidential Election