Five Killed, Seven Injured as Test Train Derails Near Strasbourg
Five people were killed and seven other were injured as a high-speed TGV train derailed in the French town of Eckwersheim near the city of Strasbourg on Saturday.
The crash occurred as the train was tested on a new Paris-Strasbourg high-speed line, the BBC informs.
The injured have been taken to hospital by helicopters, with rescuers, including divers, working at the scene of the crash.
According to media reports, the derailment happened due to excessive speed, with the train partly submerged in a canal alongside the tracks.
- » The Netherlands with New International Logo
- » Mike Pompeo Plans to Leave the Administration of President Donald Trump
- » Facebook Is Planning a Large-Scale Charity Campaign
- » Shinzo Abe Became the Longest-Serving Political Leader in Japanese History
- » Elon Musk's Starship Prototype Exploded during Testing
- » Manfred Weber: Monitoring Mechanism on Bulgaria Must Be Abolished