Five Killed, Seven Injured as Test Train Derails Near Strasbourg
Five people were killed and seven other were injured as a high-speed TGV train derailed in the French town of Eckwersheim near the city of Strasbourg on Saturday.
The crash occurred as the train was tested on a new Paris-Strasbourg high-speed line, the BBC informs.
The injured have been taken to hospital by helicopters, with rescuers, including divers, working at the scene of the crash.
According to media reports, the derailment happened due to excessive speed, with the train partly submerged in a canal alongside the tracks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Vladimir Putin: We Registered the First COVID-19 Vaccine, My Daughter Is Vaccinated
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19