Multiple Attacks in Paris Leave At Least 120 Dead
At least 120 people were killed after multiple gun and bomb attacks took place in Paris on Friday night.
At least eighty people were killed at the Bataclan concert hall in central Paris, where gunmen had held hostages before being overpowered by security forces storming the building, the BBC reports.
Others were killed in an alleged suicide attack near the Stade de France where a friendly football match between the teams of France and Germany took place.
Other attacks took place in Le Petit Cambodge and Le Carillon restaurants in the tenth district of the French capital.
More than 100 rounds were reportedly fired at La Belle Equipe cafe in the 11th district.
France has declared a national state of emergency and closed its borders, with authorities asking residents of Paris to stay indoors and 1500 troops deployed across the city.
This is the second large-scale attack in the French capital this year after a shooting at the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine and subsequent attacks in January left twenty people dead and dozens of others injured.
According to media reports, four attackers have been killed by security forces.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Food Prices in the US with a Record Jump
- » North Korea has declared Victory over COVID-19 and blamed Seoul for the Outbreak
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea