Ukraine’s Wind Rose to Start Regular Flights from Kiev to Bulgaria’s Sofia
Regular passenger flights between the capital cities of Bulgaria and Ukraine will resume soon, Ukraine’s Infrastructure Minister Andrei Pivovarsky said on Friday.
Ukrainian airline Wind Rose will start regular flights from Kiev to Sofia within a month, Pivovarsky said during a meeting with Bulgarian Deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev in Sofia.
Ginev said that Sofia Airport stands ready to assist in the development of a regular line, according to a news release issued by the Bulgarian Transport Ministry.
Pivovarsky and Ginev also discussed a Ukrainian requirement seen as an obstacle to increased efficiency of operation of two Bulgarian-owned ferries shuttling between Bulgarian Black Sea port of Varna and Ukraine’s Ilyichevsk.
A requirement of Ukrainian maritime shipping authorities saying that each of the ferries should carry a crew of no more than 12 members hampers the transportation of heavy trucks, which usually travel with two drivers, the ministry said.
The Ukrainian side said that they were ready to make the necessary arrangements concerning the number of crew members as early as next week to ease transportation of heavy trucks on board the two ferries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Puts the Island of Poros under Curfew After Rise in Coronavirus Cases
- » Mandatory PCR Test for Bulgarians From Three Districts Entering Germany
- » 70 Euros for COVID-19 Test at the Thessaloniki Airport
- » August 8: Switzerland Lifts Quarantine Requirenment for People Coming from Bulgaria but Norway Introduces It
- » Norway: Mandatory Quarantine for People Arriving from France, Switzerland and the Czech Republic
- » Entering Greece by Land at Night Can be Done Only Through "Kulata - Promahon" Border Checkpoint