AFP: EU Leaders Consider Meeting with Turkey’s President on Refugees
Leaders of EU member states on Thursday discussed a possible meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan later this month to seek his help in alleviating the worst migrant crisis in Europe since World War II, AFP reported.
However, there would be "no decisions, no agreement on timing, format" taken during the informal meeting of EU leaders in Malta on Thursday, according to an EU source who asked not be named, the newswire said.
It also quoted two sources as saying that European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker was planning to propose to EU member states to contribute EUR 2.5 B toward a EUR 3.0 B fund to help Turkey cope with refugees on its territory, while the European Commission will give the rest.
- » Marking Nelson Mandela's 100th Birthday, A Message from the South African Embassy in Bulgaria
- » Skype Is Finally Getting A Call Recording Feature
- » Elon Musk Apologises to Thai Cave Diver for Twitter Attack
- » EU to Hit Google with 4.3 Billion Euro Fine in Android Case
- » Amazon Workers Strike, Call For Prime Day Boycott To Protest Working Conditions
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
How ridiculous to propose this obscene amount to give to Turkey. Why pay Turkey handsomely whilst they are turning a blind eye to the \"refugees\" and encouraging them (or at least not stopping them) to enter Europe? Turkey is contributing to the invasion of Europe because they choose to allow these people through their borders without scrutiny. Plus there is a roaring \"refugee business\" trade in Turkey. The EU disgusts me. How much money is enough that is continually wasted, before Europe will become broke and decrepit and dare I say I s l a m i c i s e d?