Most Flights Between Sofia, German Airports Cancelled as Lufthansa Strike Continues
Most flights between the Bulgarian capital and the airports in Frankfurt and Munich operated by Lufthansa are cancelled as the strike of the flight attendants of the German airline continues on Thursday.
Flight LH1704, which is scheduled to arrive in Sofia from Munich at 18:20 EET, and flight LH1705, which is scheduled to depart from the Bulgarian capital to Munich at 19:20 EET, are expected to run as normal.
The Flight Attendant's Organisation (UFO) announced further strike action from Wednesday until Friday between 4.00 and 23.59 on all flights from/to Frankfurt, Munich and Dusseldorf.
Out of a total of 3000 planned Lufthansa Group connections, 933 flights have to be cancelled on Thursday, which will affect approximately 107 000 passengers.
Flights from Lufthansa Group airlines – Lufthansa CityLine, Germanwings, Eurowings, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines are not affected by the strikes and are expected to run as normal.
The flight attendants and management of the airline continue to disagree over early retirement conditions and pensions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dieselgate - Top German Court: VW must Pay Compensation
- » Only 10 New Cases of COVID-19 On May 26th in Bulgaria
- » 17 Beaches on the Black Sea Coast in Bulgaria Will Be Free This Summer
- » Bulgaria: Quarantine for International Transport and Bus Drivers is Lifted
- » Japan Ends Coronavirus State of Emergency
- » Spain Reopening Foreign Tourism from July